Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

Skincare #1





So I’ve recently been venturing into the realms of skincare, and to be totally honest, I’m going in a bit blind. 

Everything I’ve learned about skincare is from reading blogs over the years. My mum used to always tell me when I was younger how important it is to moisturise everyday but it’s only really been over the past year or so I’ve actually started doing it and noticed a difference.

I thought I’d share my most recent ‘skincare routine’ with you all – although I doubt you can even call it that as I literally throw them on as I am always in a rush.
Also, I’d like to say I wouldn’t openly recommend any of these products, as everyone has different skin and what works for me might not for you.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo 
Out of my overall routine, this is what I absolutely cannot live without. It’s the only moisturiser I’ve ever re-purchased (3 times!) and as soon as I stop using it my skin seems to hate me and goes beserk. It doesn’t really smell like anything, and although it has a really thin consistency you don’t need a lot. Any of my friends who have used this also swear by it.

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment
I bought this after seeing it on a few blogs. I didn’t use an eye cream before but I’d decided to get one before the hayfever season came in as it makes my eyes terribly dry. This one is perfect as it’s extremely nourishing but not greasy at all. 

Simple Kind To Skin Purifying Cleansing Lotion
Like the plain Jane that I am I just use simple cleanser to remove my make up (and occasionally Simple wipes if I’m being lazy). I’ve tried Bioderma and the L’Oreal dupe but it just breaks me out. This works, it’s cheap and cheerful so I’m not changing it.

Finally – my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. 
This stuff was mega hyped over about a year and a half ago, and I bought it in New York not because my skin needed it, because yes, I am one of those who cannot help themselves with blogger hype. And it’s fantastic. I was dubious about putting any sort of oil/serum on my skin but its not oily at all. It actually clears up any spots/redness and leaves my skin smooth.


I've been a bit of a busy bee this week - I visited a friend in London and then got my exam results (pass yay!) so I've been in total la-la-land!

 Thanks for reading - be sure to share all your skincare posts below!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Estee Lauder serum. I really want to try the one for the eye area too!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effaclar Duo is where it's at! I've never tried the EL serum but hear so many people talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I really want the Advanced Night Repair Serum! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC, if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogspot Template by pipdig